|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 448|
email@example.com | 843-792-7183
Schedule an Appointment
Christine Andresen joined MUSC Libraries as a Research and Education Informationist in January 2018. She is the liaison to the Undergraduate programs in the College of Nursing, as well as the College of Health Professions departments of Health Administration, Health Informatics, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. In this role Christine provides reference assistance and research consultations to support the advancement of research, as well as information literacy and evidence-based practice instruction to support the development of information literate health professionals prepared to integrate evidence into practice. Christine's interests include instructional design, andragogy, and evidence-based librarianship.
- MSIT Instructional Technology, East Carolina University (2017)
- MLS Library Science, North Carolina Central University (2010)
- BA in Anthropology, East Carolina University (2007)
- Blevins, A., Kavanagh Webb, K., Andresen, C., & Inman, M. (2016). Current and Future Trends for Supporting Online and Distance Education. In R. Russell & J. Coghill (Eds.), Developing Librarian Competencies for the Digital Age (pp. 99-114). Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Kavanagh Webb, K., Rhodes, T., Cook, E., Andresen, C., & Russell, R. (2015). Our Experience with User Experience: Exploring Staffing Configurations to Conduct UX in an Academic Library. Journal of Library Administration, 1-20. doi:10.1080/01930826.2015.1109892
- Coghill, J. G. & Andresen, C. L. (2015). Healthier U: Consumer Health for the Public. Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 15(4), 418-425, doi:10.1080/15323269.2015.
- Andresen, C.L., & Webb, K.K. (2014). Adult Learners. In A. Blevins & M. Inman (Eds.), Curriculum-Based Library Instruction: From Cultivating Faculty Relationships to Assessment (pp. 35-43). Lanham, Maryland: Rowman & Littlefield.
- "Into the Trenches: Collaborating with Medical Students." Poster presentation at the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Staunton, VA, October 2017.
- "Bringing them Back: Medical Students in the Library." Poster presentation at the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Medical Library Association Meeting, Asheville, NC, October 2015.
- "One Search: Examining the Use and Perceptions of a Discovery Tool." Poster presentation at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, May 2013.
- "The UX Odyssey: Improving and Enhancing the User Experience." Poster presentation at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting, Boston, MA, May 2013.
- "QR Codes: Connecting Users to Library Information Through Technology." Paper presentation at the Medical Library Association Quad Chapter Meeting, Baltimore, MD, October 2012.