The MUSC Main Library is located in the heart of the MUSC campus, in the James W. Colbert Education Center and Library. The main help desk is located on the fourth floor by the elevators. (See Map)
The Waring Historical Library is located at 175 Ashley Avenue adjacent to St. Luke's Chapel. (See Map)
Directions to the MUSC Campus
From I-26 - From 17 South - From 17 North - From James Island - Parking
- Take I-26 East into Charleston. (obey speed limits)
- Exit 221 A ( Highway 17 South to Savannah and King Street)
- On Exit 221 A, make a left onto the King Street Exit.
- Right at King
- Right at Spring Street (2nd light)
- Left at President Street (5th light)
- The MUSC visitors parking garage is straight ahead past two traffic lights (Cannon Street and Bee Street) and past one stop sign (Doughty Street).
FROM 17 South
- Take Highway 17 north
- As you pass over the Ashley River (just beyond the round Holiday Inn) get in thesecond lane from the right.
- When the road splits go straight over the small bridge (do NOT take the right curve). Stay in the right lane.
- Right at second traffic light (President Street).
- The MUSC visitors parking garage is straight ahead past one traffic light (Bee Street) and past one stop sign (Doughty Street).
From 17 North
- Take Highway 17 south into Charleston (toward Savannah).
- Exit at Rutledge Avenue (sign for MUSC, College of Charleston & Hospitals)
- Go straight on Rutledge through 3 traffic lights (Highway 17, Spring St.,Cannon St.)
- Right at Bee Street (blue hospital sign and green MUSC sign)
- Left at second traffic light (President Street).
- The MUSC visitors parking garage is straight ahead past one stop sign (Doughty Street).
From James Island
- Take the James Island Connector onto Calhoun Street
- Left at first traffic light (Courtenay St).
- Right at first traffic light (Doughty Street - a tree hides the street sign).
- Right at second intersection (President Street). The MUSC visitors parking garage will be straight ahead.
Parking on the MUSC Campus
Directions & Parking for the Colbert Education Center & Library