|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 446|
firstname.lastname@example.org | 843-792-3364
Rachel Whitney joined MUSC Libraries as a Research and Education Informationist in October 2020. She is the liaison to the College of Pharmacy and the College of Heath Professions’ Speech-Language Pathology program. In this role Rachel provides reference assistance, research consultations, instruction, and outreach. Her areas of interest are evidence-based librarianship, epidemiology, health information literacy, and data management and visualization. Rachel contributes to professional knowledge by publishing, and presenting at local, regional, and national conferences.
- MLIS, Library and Information Science, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL (2020)
- BS, Biology, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL (2015)
- Grandy, R., Fletcher, L.M., Thurman, F., Whitney, R., & MacKenzie, K. The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Hiring and Onboarding in Academic Libraries. In M. Chakraborty, S. Harlow, & H. Moorefield Lang (Eds.), Sustainable Online Library Services and Resources: Learning from the Pandemic. Santa Barbara, CA: ABC-CLIO. (Forthcoming).
- Lipke, L.M., Whitney, R., Schulte, S., Hoogland, M., Wahl, S.E., & Kupsco, J. (2022, April). Making Sense of Basic Science Librarianship When You Are Not a Scientist. MLAConnect. https://www.mlanet.org/blog/making-sense-of-basic-science-librarianship-when-you-are-not-a-scientist
- Whitney, R., Keinath, C., Lubker, I. (2021, August 6). Instructing Library Users to Access eBooks Collections During COVID-19 through the Creation of a Virtual Workshop. Poster presented at South Carolina Conference on Information Literacy (SCCIL), Virtual.
- Lubker, I., Whitney, R., Lemon, E., Brown-White, T., Logan, A. (2022, March 16). Responding to COVID-19 pandemic: Experiences and lessons of library staff at one North American University. Lightning Talk presented at ICML + AHILA Congress South Africa 2022, Hybrid.
- Roth, E., Whitney, R. (2022, April 12). Prescription and Over the Counter Drugs: Supporting Consumers with Evidence-Based Information. Taught at the Tennessee Library Association (TLA) Annual Conference, Knoxville, TN. (1.0 MLA CE hours)
- Andresen, C., Whitney, R. (2022, April 27). Going for the Gold: Reconnecting through Virtual Office Olympics. Poster presented at Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. Virtual.
- Fletcher, LM., Grandy, R., Thurman, F., Whitney, R., Mackenzie, K. (2022, April 27). Pandemic Transitions: The Impact of COVID-19 on Hiring and Onboarding in Academic Libraries. Poster presented at Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA. Virtual.
- Brennan, E., Whitney, R. (2022, May 4). The effect of librarian collaboration on the quality of otolaryngology systematic reviews and meta-analyses. Paper presented at Medical Library Association (MLA) Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.