|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 445|
firstname.lastname@example.org | 843-792-4213
Schedule an Appointment
Ayaba Logan is a bridge-builder, an educational navigator and research maven here to assist you. She is passionate about evaluation/ formative assessment, instructional design, technology, qualitative data, reviews, data visualization and all things research. Questions make us all grow, so ask away.
She joined MUSC Libraries January 2015 as a Research and Education Informationist. In that role, Ayaba is the liaison to Graduate Nursing programs, Public Health, Health Service Research, and the NEW Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Studies. In addition to her liaison duties, Ayaba consults on various Research projects including but not limited to systematic reviews, research protocols, manuscript writing, and provides in-depth database searching.
- MLIS Library and Information Studies, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa (2011)
- MPH Health Behavior & Health Education, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (2006)
- BA Sociology and Public Health, Spelman College, Atlanta, GA (2003)
- Williams, E., Bruner, L., Adkins, A., Vrana, C., Logan, A., Kamen, D., Oates, J. (2016) I too, am America: A systematic review of research on systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) in African Americans. Lupus Science & Medicine Journal. Submitted.
- Qanungo, S., Burshell, D. Logan, A. Bui, J. , Jenkins, C. (2016). Diabetes Community Screening: Integrative Literature Review paper. In process, invited Submission.
- Logan, A., White, B. (2016). Systematic literature reviews in health science research: The "not so low" hanging fruit. SAGE Research Methods Case. In process, invited submission.
- White, B. Logan, A. (2016). Diabetes Care in Homeless Populations. Current Diabetes Reports. In process, invited submission.
- Utuama, Onameyore, Carter-Wicker, Kitty, Herbert, Jennifer, Gibson, Robert, Kutlar, Abdullah, Logan, Ayaba, Adamkiewicz, Tom. (2015). Sickle Cell Disease: Challenges and Comfort in Providing Care By Family Physicians. Blood, 126(23), 5570-5570. Retrieved from http://www.bloodjournal.org/content/126/23/5570.abstract
- Edwards, Mary, Logan, Ayaba. (2016). Developing the Mosaic: Translating Education from Theory to Practice. Invited Panelist at the Mosaic '16, Medical Library Association Joint Conference with CHLA/ABSC/ICLC. Toronto, Ontario, Canada. https://www.eventscribe.com/2016/MLA/assets/audio-flash/245070/launcher.asp?AssetID=75026
- Utuama, O.1, Carter-Wicker,K.1, Herbert, J.2, Gibson,R.2, Kutlar, A.2, Logan, A.1, Kabongo, M.1, Adamkiewicz, T1, (2014). Sickle Cell Disease: Comfort Level in Providing Care by Family Physicians. Invited poster for the 2014 American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) Assembly in Washington, D.C. Assembly/Conference.
- Logan, A. NewFeds at American Library Association and 25th Annual Interagency Depository Seminar. Invited presentation for the 2012, 2nd Annual NewFeds Virtual Conference Redux, Online. https://newfedsinfo.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/newfeds-redux-2012.pdf
- Killian, J., Logan. A, Levkoff, E. United States Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory. (2012). Building a Virtual Library from Scratch. Invited presentation for the 2012 DLF: Digital Library Federation Forum in Denver, Colorado. https://www.diglib.org/forums/2012forum/dlf-forum-2012-community-poll/
- Killian, J., Logan. A, Levkoff, E. United States Army Criminal Investigation Laboratory. (2012). Building a Virtual Library from Scratch. Invited presentation for the 2012 Southeastern Library Association (SELA) and Georgia Council of Media Organizations (COMO) Joint Conference Macon, Georgia.
Selected Recognition and Awards
- Fellow, University of Minnesota Early Career Librarian Institute, 2016