|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 444|
email@example.com | 843-792-9275
Schedule an Appointment
Emily Brennan joined the Library's Department of Research & Education Services in 2012. She teaches students, residents, staff and faculty about topics such as evidence-based practice (EBP), literature searching, and mobile device apps. She is the liaison to the College of Medicine and MUSC Hospital staff. She is the co-director of the pediatrics residency EBP program. As a member of MUSC Hospital's Value Institute, Emily performs literature reviews for the development of hospital guidelines and Electronic Health Record (EHR) order sets. She contributes to professional knowledge by publishing, and presenting at regional and national conferences.
- MLIS Library and Information Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2007)
- BA Communication Studies and Spanish Literature, College of Charleston (2001)
- Brennan, E., Ogawa, R., Thormodson, K., Von Isenburg, M. (2020, July). Introducing a health information literacy competencies map: connecting the Association of American Medical Colleges Core Entrustable Professional Activities and Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education Common Program Requirements to the Association of College & Research Libraries Framework. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 108(3), 420-427. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.5195/jmla.2020.645.
- Jones, E., Brennan, E., Davis, A. (2020, July). Evaluation of Literature Searching and Article Selection Skills of an Evidence-Based Practice Team. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 108(3), 487-493. DOI: dx.doi.org/10.5195/jmla.2020.865.
- Byun, Y. J., Levy, D. A., Nguyen, S. A., Brennan, E., & Rizk, H. G. (2020, epub ahead of print). Treatment of Vestibular Migraine: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. The Laryngoscope. PubMed PMID 32083732. DOI: doi.org/10.1002/lary.28546.
- Brennan, E., Cooper, J., Davis, A. (2018, November 29). Evidence-Based Practice: Use in Answering Queries and Developing Systematic Reviews. In D. Thomas (Ed.), Clinical Pharmacy Education, Practice and Research: Clinical Pharmacy, Drug Information, Pharmacovigilance, Pharmacoeconomics and Clinical Research (pp. 163-176). Cambridge, MA: Elsevier.
- Brennan, E., Jones, E., Andresen, C., Lubker, R. (2019, May 5). Survey of Credit-Bearing Library Courses for Health Sciences Students. Lightning Talk presented at Medical Library Association (MLA) Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Brennan, E., Davis, A. (2018, December 11). An Introduction to Evidence Based Practice: Searching. Webinar taught for the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Southeastern/Atlantic (NN/LM SEA) Region. (1.0 MLA CE credit hour)
- Brennan, E., Davis, A., Harper, R. (2018, October 26). Redesigning a Hospital's Evidence-Based Practice Course. Paper presented at Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association (SC/MLA) Annual Conference, Orlando, FL.
- McBurney, P., Jackson, S., Mills, D., Brennan, E., Slider, M. (2016, April 7). Teaching EBM on the Pediatric Clerkship: An Active Learning Model. Workshop taught at Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP) Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO.