|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 447|
email@example.com | 843-792-7648
Schedule an Appointment
Irene Lubker recently joined the Library's Department of Research & Education Services after serving as a Research and Education librarian at the Virginia Commonwealth University for several years. Irene is the library liaison to the MUSC's College of Dental Medicine, Public Health Sciences and Dietetic Internship program where she provides reference assistance, research consultations, instruction and outreach. Her interests include Evidence-based practice, public health, adult education, diversity and inclusion and health disparities. Irene contributes to professional knowledge by publishing, and presenting at local, regional and national conferences.
- M.L.S. Library Science, North Carolina Central University, Durham (2004)
- M.P.H. Public Health Nutrition, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (1999)
- B.A. Business Administration, Warren Wilson College, Asheville, NC (1992)
- Brown RE, Cyrus J, Gau K, Lubker IM, McDaniel J, Wright BA, Hurst EJ. (2017). "Seeing the Big Picture: Sustaining Success in Liaison Services". Medical Reference Services Quarterly, Jul-Sep;36(3):240-252. doi: 10.1080/02763869.2017.1332148
- Ladd, D., Lubker, IM. & Mack, T. (2017) "Collaboration and Partnership Provide Summer Library Programs for Middle School Students Summer Programs for Middle School Students." Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 17(2), 1-7.
- Vindrola-Padros, C., Dyer, KE., Cyrus, J., Lubker, IM. (2017). Healthcare professionals' views on discussing fertility preservation with young cancer patients: a mixed method systematic review of the literature. Psycho-Oncology, 26 (1), 4-14 n/a. doi:10.1002/pon.4092
- Dhakal, K., Grigg, K., Lubker, I., & Young, K. (2016) Chapter 6: Research Skills and Competencies Necessary for Librarians in the Digital Age. In Roger Russell and Jeff Coghill (Eds.), Developing Librarian Competencies for the Digital Age.
- Stellrecht, E. McGowan, R; Lubker, I., Schvaneveldt, N., Arnold, S., Cortez, E., Davis, D., Kronenfeld, M., Theis-Mahon, N. A Comprehensive Summary of Services and Resources Provided by Librarians in Support of CODA Accredited Predoctoral (DDS/DMD) Dental Education Programs in the United States and Canada. Poster presented at the American Dental Educators Association's Annual Session & Exhibition in Long Beach, California in March 2017.
- Lubker, I. & Pellegrini, M. Collaborative Instruction for Information Retrieval and Appraisal Skills in Evidence-Based Practice Models for Dental Hygiene Students. Poster presented at the American Dental Educators Association's Annual Session & Exhibition in Long Beach, California in March 2017.
- Lubker, I. The perceptions of librarians in one university on how they acquire knowledge in their content areas (pilot project). Paper presented at the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education Annual Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico in November 2016.
- Lubker, I. Rawls, M. & Peacemaker, B. The Ithaka S+R Local Faculty Survey for Health Sciences: What is it and why should I care? Paper submitted and presented at the Tri-chapter Medical Library Association Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in September 2016.
- Hurst, E. J., Lubker, I. M., Wright, B.A. "Examining the pieces: Usability testing to improve outreach to unaffiliated health professionals" Paper submitted and presented at the Medical Library Association Annual Meeting in Toronto, Canada in May 2016.
- Rawls, M., Peacemaker, B. & Lubker, I. (2015, July). Ithaka S+R Local Faculty Survey: Aligning library strategy with the needs of our research community. Paper presented at the 11th Northumbria International Conference on Performance Measurement in Libraries and Information Services, Edinburgh, United Kingdom in July 2015.