|Main Library 4th Floor, Room 444|
email@example.com | 843-792-9275
Schedule an Appointment
Emily Brennan joined the Library's Department of Research & Education Services in 2014. She teaches students, residents, staff and faculty about topics such as evidence-based practice (EBP), literature searching, and mobile device apps. She is the liaison to the College of Medicine, Physical Therapy Program, and MUSC Hospital staff. She is the co-director of the pediatrics residency EBP program. As a member of MUSC Hospital's Value Institute, Emily performs literature reviews for the development of hospital guidelines and Electronic Health Record (EHR) order sets. She contributes to professional knowledge by publishing, and presenting at regional and national conferences.
- MLIS Library and Information Science, University of California, Los Angeles (2007)
- BA Communication Studies and Spanish Literature, College of Charleston (2001)
- Crabtree, E., Brennan, E., Davis, A., Squires, J. (forthcoming). Connecting Education to Quality: Engaging Medical Students in Developing Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Tools. Academic Medicine. [Accepted Manuscript]
- Crabtree, E., Brennan, E., Davis, A., Coyle, A. (2016, January 13). Improving Patient Care Through Nursing Engagement in Evidence-Based Practice. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing. PubMed PMID: 26762587.
- McBurney, P., Jackson, S., Mills, D., Brennan, E., Slider, M. (2016, April 7). Teaching EBM on the Pediatric Clerkship: An Active Learning Model. Workshop taught at Council on Medical Student Education in Pediatrics (COMSEP) Annual Meeting, St. Louis, MO.
- Hendler, G., Brennan, E., Klein Fedyshin, M. Detofsky, B., Allison, A. (2015, May 15). How to Set up a Clinical Librarian Program at Your Institution. 8 MLA CE Credits. Continuing Education workshop taught at Medical Library Association (MLA) Conference, Austin, TX.
- Brennan, E., Crabtree, E., Davis, (2015, October 23). Achieving Clinical Excellence through Interprofessional Evidence-Based Practice. Paper presented at Southern Chapter of the Medical Library Association (SC/MLA) Annual Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Brennan, E., Crabtree, E., Davis, A., Squires, J. (2015, June 12). Connecting Education to Quality: Engaging Medical Students in Developing Evidence-Based Clinical Decision Support Tools. Paper presented at AAMC Integrating Quality: Improving Value through Clinical Transformation, Education and Science Meeting, Rosemont, IL.