- ACR Disaster Preparedness Primer
(American College of Radiology)
- This site requires registration.
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories (BMBL)
- From the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and National Institutes of Health
- Bioterrorism Sourcebook
(AccessMedicine, Grey & Spaeth)
- ClinicalKey Books
- Psychological First Aid: Field Operations Guide
- From the National Center for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Disaster Preparation Handbook
(Washington Military Department Emergency Management Division)
- A planning and response guide for natural and man-made disasters.
- The link above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to view or download this article, get Acrobat Reader here.
- eMedicine: Disaster Resources
- Provides access to a large number of chapters on chemical, biologic and other toxic agents; disaster management and trauma; and grief and bereavement. Login and select Disaster Resources from left side of the screen. Another option is to search for a specific disease or agent in the search box. Selected chapters available as a PDA download.
- Emergency War Surgery
- Encyclopedia of Espionage, Intelligence, and Security
(Gale Virtual Reference Library)
- Field Management of Chemical Casualties Handbook
- Requires registration with the US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense.
- Field Manual for Mental Health and Human Service Workers in Major Disasters
- From Department of Health and Human Services Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Center for Mental Health Services. Designed for mental health workers and other human service providers who assist survivors following a disaster.
- Initial Management of Irradiated or Radioactively Contaminated Personnel-BUMED Instruction 6470.10A
- From the Department of the Navy, Bureau of Medicine and Surgery. A section of the Virtual Naval Hospital. Provides information about the initial exposure assessment, management, and treatment of individuals who are irradiated or externally or internally radioactively contaminated.
- Management of Public Health Emergencies: A Resource Guide for Physicians and Other Community Responders
(American Medical Association)
- Medical Aspects of Chemical and Biological Warfare
- Medical Management of Chemical Casualties Handbook
- Microbiology and Immunology On-line
- From the Universiity of South Carolina School of Medicine Department of Pathology and Microbiology
- NATO HANDBOOK ON THE MEDICAL ASPECTS OF NBC DEFENSIVE OPERATIONS AMedP-6(B)
- A handbook for medical officers relating to the medical aspects of nuclear biological and chemical operations. It provides reference material and functions as a training resource.
- Poisoning & Drug Overdose
(AccessMedicine, Olson, KR)
- Preparing for Terrorism: Tools for Evaluating the Metropolitan Medical Response System Program
- Textbook providing three evaluation tools and a three-part assessment method for evaluating local capabilities for dealing with chemical, biological, or radiological terrorism. Choose the Read option from the middle of the page to read the text for free.
- Radiation Health Protection Manual - NAVMED P-5055
- PDF version.
- Smallpox and its eradication.
- This textbook was published in 1988 and is currently out of print. The World Health Organization makes this web site available
- Smallpox and Vaccinia, Chapt. 6 of Vaccines
- Only Chapter 6: Smallpox and Vaccinia, is available for this book.
- STANDING OPERATING PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING, HANDLING AND SHIPMENT OF BIOMEDICAL SAMPLES
- This document provides information on procedures for obtaining, handling and shipment of biomedical samples for analysis as described in TB MED 296 at the US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense (USAMRICD). This is a Micorsoft Word document and must be downloaded from the above site ( see red box in upper right corner of the screen.)The analytical methodologies utilized for sample analysis are for forensic investigational purposes only. They are not FDA approved clinical procedures and are not intended to provide the physician with information to implement or modify treatment.
- Treatment of Biological Warfare Agent Casualties
- USAMRIID's DEFENSE AGAINST TOXIN WEAPONS
- From the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases Fort Detrick, Maryland (USAMRIID.) Published 1994, revised 1997.
- USAMRIID's MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OF BIOLOGICAL CASUALTIES HANDBOOK
- Alternate Title: Blue Book. 4th ed. Includes information about specific diseases and their management. Made available through the Virtual Naval Hospital