Emergency Medicine & Trauma
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Database
- This site includes abstracts of articles, practice guidelines, useful tools, and links to organizations and conferences.
- Emergency First Aid
(University of Iowa)
- A case study approach to emergency first aid. Graphics and text descriptions of common procedures used in emergency settings.
- An educational site which includes x-rays and discussions of cases.
- Fracture and Dislocation Compendium
- From the Orthopaedic Trauma Association, these materials are in PDF format.
- The link above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to view or download this article, get Acrobat Reader here.
- This site presents a variety of resources for trauma professionals. It includes case presentations, a mailing list, an image bank and web links.
- Emergency Nursing World
- This site provides brief articles on various aspects of emergency care from the nursing and allied health perspectives. It also includes extensive links to other useful sites.
- Injury Control Resource Information Network
- This site provides links to resources on injury research and control.
- Toxikon Multimedia Project
- This site is presented by a consortium of Cook County Hospital, the University of Illinois Hospital and Rush Medical Center, Chicago. It includes toxicology cases, lectures and a list of antidotes to common poisons.