- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (PASCAL)
- Covers nursing and allied health in with full text for more than 620 journals and 218 books/monographs. Also covers Pre-CINAHL. Provided by the MUSC Library in partnership with PASCAL, via EBSCO.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition (PASCAL)
- Covers nursing and allied health primarily as well as other medical disciplines. Citations and abstracts with some full text. Provided by the MUSC Library in partnership with PASCAL and Collegiate DISCUS, via EBSCO.
- IHM - Images from the History of Medicine
(National Library of Medicine)
- The Images from the History of Medicine database provides access to the prints and photograph collection of the History of Medicine Division of the National Library of Medicine. The collection includes portraits, pictures of institutions, caricatures, genre scenes, posters and graphic art in a variety of media, illustrating the social and historical aspects of medicine
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- MEDLINE contains references to articles in the health science and biomedical journals published world-wide. Topics include clinical and experimental medicine, basic sciences as related to medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacology, psychiatry, public health and veterinary medicine. Biological and physical sciences, humanities and information science as related to medicine and health care are also included.
- Military & Government Collection™ (PASCAL)
- Covers all branches of the military and government. Mostly full text. Provided by the MUSC Library in partnership with Collegiate DISCUS via EBSCO.
- NLM Gateway
- The NLM Gateway allows searching of multiple retrieval systems of the National Library of Medicine with one search query. The searchable systems include: MEDLINE/PubMed, OLDMEDLINE, LOCATORplus, MEDLINEplus, DIRLINE, AIDS Meetings, Health Services Research Meetings, Space Life Sciences Meetins, and HSRProj. The NLM Gateway provides the only access to AIDS Meetings, Health Services Research Meetings, Space Life Sciences Meetings, and HSRProj. The audience for the Gateway includes health care providers, researchers, librarians, students, patients, their families and the public. The Gateway is designed for the Internet user who is new to the National Library of Medicine's resources.
- OLDMEDLINE contains citations to articles from biomedical journals covering the fields of medicine, preclinical sciences and allied health sciences during the period 1948 through 1965. Subject searching is available via key words and text phrases. This file is also available as a subset of PubMed.
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection (PASCAL)
- This database provides coverage of more than 550 full text journals, including more than 525 peer-reviewed titles. Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection covers topics such as emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational and experimental methods. Nearly every full text title included in this database is indexed in PsycINFO. This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
(American Psychological Association)
- PsycINFO is a database of psychological literature provided by the American Psychological Association. Updated weekly, this resource contains citations from journals, dissertations, and book chapters from the 1800’s to the present.
- The PubMed service provides access to over 12 million MEDLINE citations and additional life sciences journals. The topic areas include medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. Covers 1948-present
- Recent Dissertations in the Medical Humanities
(University of Pittsburg Health Sciences Library)
- A monthly compilation of dissertations and theses in the medical humanities derived from Dissertation Abstracts. Compiled by a librarian at University of Pittsburg.
- South Carolina Digital Library
- The South Carolina Digital Library (SCDL) is a collaborative effort that includes South Carolina’s schools, libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural heritage institutions. Collections and materials reflect South Carolina’s history from pre-colonial times to the present, its varied population, urban and rural experiences, and a divergence of points of view.