- Covers chemical structure and nomenclature information. Full text. Provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- American Chemical Society (ACS) Journals
- Covers chemistry in 30 journals published by the American Chemical Society. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
(National Library of Medicine)
- Covers information about currently marketed drugs. Contains the most recent drug labeling information from the Food and Drug Administration. Full text. Available from your MUSC Library through the National Library of Medicine. NLM regularly uploads this information from the FDA.
- Drug Information Portal
(National Library of Medicine)
- Covers over 12,000 drugs from clinical trials through the marketplace. Mostly full text. Provided by the National Library of Medicine.
- Dietary Supplements Labels Database
(National Library of Medicine)
- Covers ingredients information for over 2000 brands of dietary supplements. Full text. Available from your MUSC Library through the National Library of Medicine.
- Drug Identifier from MUSCHealth
(MUSC Drug Information)
- Allows one to search for drugs by a specific color, shape, and/or marking. A picture of drugs meeting the criteria are displayed.
- Drugs @ FDA
(U.S. Food and Drug Administration)
- Covers official information about FDA approved brand name and generic drugs and therapeutic biological products including prescription and over-the-counter human drugs and therapeutic biologicals currently approved for sale in the United States, discontinued drugs and "Chemical Type 6" approvals. Contains most of the drug products approved since 1939. Provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- SciFinder Web
- A large comprehensive database that allows searching of the Chemical Abstracts Service products, international patents and the MEDLINE databases by author, topic, chemical substance, reactions or commercial sources.
(U.S. National Library of Medicine)
- Covers federally and privately supported clinical research in human subjects.
- PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset
- "ODS and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) partnered to create this Dietary Supplement Subset of NLM's PubMed. PubMed provides access to citations from the MEDLINE database and additional life science journals. It also includes links to many full-text articles at journal Web sites and other related Web resources....The PubMed Dietary Supplement Subset succeeds the International Bibliographic Information on Dietary Supplements (IBIDS) database." From the website.
- Covers drugs to which breastfeeding mothers may be exposed. Full text. Available from the National Library of Medicine via TOXNET.
- Lexicomp Online
- Lexi-Comp covers point-of-care drug information, including drug interactions and drug identification. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- Material Safety Data Sheets - MSDS-Search National Repository
- "The First Place to Look for an MSDS"
- MUSC Hospital Formulary of Accepted Drugs
- Patents from the United States Patent & Trademark Office
- The database includes information about all US patents (including utility, design, reissue, plant patents and SIR documents) from the first patent issued in 1790 to the most recent issue week.
- NLM Gateway
- The NLM Gateway allows searching of multiple retrieval systems of the National Library of Medicine with one search query. The searchable systems include: MEDLINE/PubMed, OLDMEDLINE, LOCATORplus, MEDLINEplus, DIRLINE, AIDS Meetings, Health Services Research Meetings, Space Life Sciences Meetins, and HSRProj. The NLM Gateway provides the only access to AIDS Meetings, Health Services Research Meetings, Space Life Sciences Meetings, and HSRProj. The audience for the Gateway includes health care providers, researchers, librarians, students, patients, their families and the public. The Gateway is designed for the Internet user who is new to the National Library of Medicine's resources.
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- MEDLINE contains references to articles in the health science and biomedical journals published world-wide. Topics include clinical and experimental medicine, basic sciences as related to medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacology, psychiatry, public health and veterinary medicine. Biological and physical sciences, humanities and information science as related to medicine and health care are also included.
- Patents: International Patents: esp@cenet®
- Provides links to fulltext patents from 63 countries including the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Austria, and Canada.
- Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
- The PubMed service provides access to over 12 million MEDLINE citations and additional life sciences journals. The topic areas include medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. Covers 1948-present
- TOXLINE is a collection of bibliographic information covering the biochemical, pharmacological, physiological, and toxicological effects of drugs and other chemicals. This collection is grouped in two major parts. The TOXLINE Core covers much of the standard journal literature in toxicology and is accessible through tthe PubMedÂ® system by selecting "toxicology" as a subset Limit. It can also be searched on TOXNETÂ®. TOXLINE Special complements TOXLINE Core with references from an assortment of specialized journals and other sources. TOXLINE Special can be searched on TOXNETÂ®. TOXLINE Core and TOXLINE Special can be search simultaneously on TOXNETÂ®. TOXLINE Special includes materials from Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology (DARTÂ®), International Labor Office (CIS), Swedish National Chemicals Inspectorate (RISKLINE), Federal Research in Progress (FEDRIP),Toxic Substances Control Act Test Submissions (TSCATS), Toxicology Document and Data Depository (NTIS), and Toxicology Research Projects (NIH Reporter).
- TOXNET is a cluster of databases on toxicology, hazardous chemicals, and related areas. This system allows searching the nine included databases simultaneously or individually. Included databases are Hazardous Substances Data Bank (HSDB), Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS), GENE-TOX,Chemical Carcinogenesis Research Information System (CCRIS), TOXLINE, Developmental and Reproductive Toxicology and Environmental Teratology Information Center (DART/ETIC), Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), and ChemIDplus. Topics covered include human and animal toxicity, safety and handling, environmental fate, risk assessment, mutagenicity test data,carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, tumor promotion and inhibition, developmental and reproductive toxicology of drugs and chemicals. Additionally, the annual estimated release of toxic chemicals to the environment and drug and chemical structures and other information are available.
- UpToDate is a comprehensive clinical information resource now available for MUSC physicians through the MUSC Library. The topic reviews are written exclusively for UpToDate by physicians for physicians - nearly 3,000 physicians serve as authors. The content is comprehensive yet concise and fully referenced.