- Covers clinical medicine and basic medical sciences with a collection of books,a self-assesment tool, differential diagnosis (Diagnosaurus), updates, drug information and practice guidelines. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- AccessPharmacy provides an online curricular resource for pharmacy
education, including over 20 online textbooks, case studies, lab tests, calculators, videos, and exam review questions.
Only one SCCP student or faculty member can use AccessPharmacy at a time. Please Log Out (upper right hand corner) when finished. If you do not log out AccessPharamcy will not be available to a fellow student or faculty member for 10 minutes.
- Basic & Clinical Pharmacology
- Bope and Kellerman: Conn's Current Therapy 2012, 1st ed.
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Psychiatry
(AccessMedicine, Ebert, Loosen & Nurcombe)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Pulmonary Medicine
(AccessMedicine, Hanley & Welsh)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment Obstetrics & Gynecology
(AccessMedicine, DeCherney & Nathan)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Cardiology
- Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
(AccessMedicine, Tierney et al.)
- This text is updated quarterly.
- CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Pediatrics
(AccessMedicine, Hay et al.)
- CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Rheumatology
(AccessMedicine, Imboden, Hellmann & Stone)
- CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery
(AccessMedicine, Way & Doherty)
- Electronic Orange Book: Approved Drug Products with Therapeutic Evaluations
- Orange Book identifies drugs on the market that have been approved on the basis of safety and efficacy requirements instituted in 1962. Although the bioequivalence ratings are not binding under generic substitution laws, its primary purpose is to provide information to states regarding generic drugs as acceptable as candidates for substitution formularies.
- Food Chemicals Codex Online
(U. S. Pharmacopeial Convention)
- Food Chemicals Codex Online (FCC) is compendium of purity and quality standards for food ingredients.
- Goodman & Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics
(AccessMedicine, Gilman, Hardman & Limbird)
- Harrison's Online
(AccessMedicine, Kasper et al.)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. It includes daily updates and more.
- Johns Hopkins ABX Guide (uCentral)
- Johns Hopkins ABX Guide is being made available by the MUHA Drug Information Center.
- Johns Hopkins HIV Guide (uCentral)
- Johns Hopkins HIV Guide is being available by the MUHA Drug Information Center.
- MD Consult is a Web-based resource that includes 50 medical books, over 100 journals and clinic review journals, practice guidelines, drug information from Gold Standard, patient education handouts, continuing medical education modules, and daily medical updates.
- Merck Index
- Merck Manuals Online Medical Library
(Merck Research Laboratories)
- MerckMedicus provides free unbiased health information as a public service to consumers and health care professionals.
- National Drug Code Directory
(U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research)
- This resource serves as a universal product identifier for human drugs. It is limited to prescription drugs and a few selected OTC products
- Red Book: Report of the Committee on Infectious Disease
(American Academy of Pediatrics, Committee on Infectious Disease)
- TheFreeDictionary's Medical Dictionary
- Based on The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary, Dorland's Medical Dictionary for Health Care Consumers, Mosby's Dental Dictionary and The Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine.
- Trissel's IV-Chek
- Trissel’s IV-Chek™ is an electronic tool that verifies the compatibility and stability of parenteral medications. Based on the trusted Tressel's2, it is the largest and most comprehensive resource of drug stability and compatibility data available.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF): Recommendations
- The USPSTF was convened to rigorously evaluate clinical research in order to assess the merits of preventive measures, including screening tests, counseling, immunizations, and preventive medications. The topics in these lists include all evidence-based recommendations: active, inactive, and in progress.
- USP Dictionary Online of United States Adopted Names and International Drug Names
(U. S. Pharmacopeial Convention)
- The USP Dictionary Online of USAN and International Drug Names is an annual compilation of United States Adopted Names and International nonproprietary Names published by the World Health Organization. There are 11, 112 nonproprietary drug name entries.
- USP-NF Online
(U.S. Pharmacopeial Convention)
- The United States Pharmacopeia and The National Formulary (USP–NF) contains standards for chemical and biological drug substances, dosage forms, and compounded preparations, excipients, medical devices, and dietary supplements.