- ACP Journal Club
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- AHRQ, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the lead agency charged with supporting research designed to improve the quality of health care, reduce its cost, and broaden access to essential services. AHRQ's broad programs of research bring practical, science-based information to medical practitioners and to consumers and other health care purchasers.
- AHRQ Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Atlas of Stroke Mortality: Racial, Ethnic, and Geographic Disparities in the United States
- Developed by the CDC, this site includes interactive state maps allowing a county-by-county break down of information. It shows local disparities in stroke death rates for the 5 largest racial and ethnic groups in the US.
- Census 2000 Gateway
- This page presents data, facts and reports from the latest US Census
- CenterWatch Clinical Trials Listing Service
- This site provides a subject list of clinical trials actively recruiting patients.
(U.S. National Library of Medicine)
- Covers federally and privately supported clinical research in human subjects.
- Cochrane Library
- Covers the effects of interventions in health care and evidence based medicine. Mostly full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- Current Index to Statistics
- Covers statistics and related fields. Citations and abstracts with some full text. A subset of the CSI database.
- EBM Toolbox
- This site links to a variety of resources to assist those striving for an evidence-based practice. It includes calculators, descriptions of types of studies, a how-to on formulating a question and tips on MEDLINE searching.
- Evidence Based Medicine
- From the University of Massachusetts Medical School, this site includes tutorials and database resources.
- Evidence-based Medicine Resource Center
- This site provides support for those teaching and practicing evidence-based medicine. It includes links to websites, bibliographies, tutorials, databases and reference materials.
- Evidence-Based On-Call
- This site provides a collection of CATs (critically appraised topics) and guides to allow the integration of evidence in the care of hospitalized patients.
- Evidence-based Pediatrics Web Site
- From the University of Michigan Department of Pediatrics, this site includes Pediatric CATs.
- Health, United States, 1975-
- International Society for Pharmacoeconomics & Outcomes Research
- JSTOR Backfiles
- The Archives Collections are multi-disciplinary and discipline-specific collections that include complete runs of journals. These collections span across more than 50 disciplines of academic content.
- National Center for Health Statistics
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- National Guideline Clearinghouse
(Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality)
- The mission of NGC is to provide healthcare professionals with evidence-based clinical practice guidelines in order to further their dissemination, implementation, and use.
- Office of Research & Statistics, South Carolina State Budget & Control Board
- This site provides statistical information about South Carolina. A wide variety of health statistics, including information about the supply of health professionals, is available. Some manipulation of data relating to inpatient discharges, emergency room visits, outpatient visits and health professionals allows you to tailor a report to a specific county or health care facility. Demographic information collected in South Carolina as well as data from the U.S. Census Bureau relating to South Carolina is included. Reports can be generated to provide information at the community and county levels.
- State Health Facts
- U.S. Census Bureau
(U.S. Census Bureau)
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network Guidelines
- Users' Guides to Evidence-Based Practice
- This site includes the text of the set of articles originally published in the Journal of the American Medical Asssociation (JAMA).
- Current Practice Guidelines in Primary Care 2015
(AccessMedicine, Esherick JS, Clark DS, Slater ED.)