- What is Autism?
- from the Autism Society of America
- National Children's Study
- This site reports on an ongoing study evaluating the effects of environmental influences on the health and development of 100,000 children across the United States. The study is a collaboration of multiple federal agencies.
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- This site from the CDC provides a variety of resources relating to descriptions of birth defects and research into the causes of birth defects. There are materials for professionals and the general public.
- Research and Training Center on Early Childhood Development