- Cytogenetics Gallery
- This site provides microscopic images of chromosomes and how chromosomal abnormalities are identified. From the Department of Pathology, University of Washington.
- Genetics and Rare Conditions Site, Medical Genetics, University of Kansas Medical Center
(University of Kansas Medical Center)
- Genitourinary Development
- This tutorial correlates embryology with congenital anomalies. It includes illustrations and some movies.
- International Birth Defects Information Systems
- National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
- This site from the CDC provides a variety of resources relating to descriptions of birth defects and research into the causes of birth defects. There are materials for professionals and the general public.
- NORD: National Organization for Rare Disorders
(National Organization for Rare Disorders)
- This web site provides a database of abstracts describing rare disorders. More extensive reports and articles can be ordered online for a fee. Also provides news, a database of organizations and and orphan drug list.
- OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man)
- OMIM is a database of human genes and genetic disorders which contains textual information, pictures, reference information, and links to related resources.
- This site provides information about rare diseases and orphan drugs.