Bibliographic Citation Styles
- AMA Style Guide
- This site provides brief examples of citation styles based on the American Medical Association style guide. This site comes from the University of Washington.
- APA Style.org
(American Psychological Association)
- This site includes selcted tips about APA style and several examples of citing electronic materials. It does not include the entire APA Publication Manual online.
- Citing Medicine, the NLM Style Guide for Authors, Editors, and Publishers
(NCBI Bookshelf, Patrias)
- Electronic References
- This site provides a brief guide to citing electronic resources in the style of the APA Publication Manual, 5th edition.
- Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences
- From the Medical College of Ohio. Includes the Vancouver Uniform Requirements.
- NCBI Style Guide
- Reference style guidelines, for ACS books/journal articles
- This site provides brief guidelines on citing sources according to American Chemical Society 3rd edition standards.
- Style Guides and Resources
- From International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. This site provides information about citing electronic and internet resources.
- Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals: writing and editing for biomedical publication