- Cultural Competency Section
(Office of Minority Health)
- This site outlines a report produced by the Office of Minority Health, Public Health Service, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Atlas of Stroke Mortality: Racial, Ethnic, and Geographic Disparities in the United States
- Developed by the CDC, this site includes interactive state maps allowing a county-by-county break down of information. It shows local disparities in stroke death rates for the 5 largest racial and ethnic groups in the US.
- National Healthcare Disparities Report
- Developed by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, this report seeks to measure the differences in access to and use of health care by various populations.
- National Center on Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Provider's Guide to Quality & Culture
(Management Sciences for Health (MSH))
- This site provides information about health disparities among various ethnic groups and pointers for dealing with cultural differences. It includes exercises for self teaching, audio commentaries and resources for cultural competence in health care organizations. This site is a joint project of Management Sciences for Health (MSH), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration and the Bureau of Primary Health Care.
- Office of Minority Health
(Department of Health and Human Services)