- Acute Stroke: Evaluation and Treatment
- HSTAT; AHQR Evidence Report, Number 127
- Advances in Patient Safety: From Research to Implementation
(NCBI Bookshelf, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) and the Department of Defense (DoD)-Health Affair)
- Bope and Kellerman: Conn's Current Therapy 2012, 1st ed.
- Cardiology Explained
(NCBI Bookshelf, Ashley EA & Niebauer J)
- Clinical Methods: the History, Physical and Laboratory Examinations
(NCBI Bookshelf, Walker, Hall & Hurst)
- Clinician's Pocket Reference
(AccessMedicine, Gomella & Haist)
- Cochrane Library
- Covers the effects of interventions in health care and evidence based medicine. Mostly full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- Current Clinical Medicine
(MDConsult, Cleveland Clinic)
- Current Diagnosis & Treatment of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
(AccessMedicine, Klausner & Hook)
- Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment
(AccessMedicine, Tierney et al.)
- This text is updated quarterly.
- DeGowin's Diagnostic Examination
(AccessMedicine, LeBlond, Brown & DeGowin)
- Ferri: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2013, 1st ed.
- Ferri: Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient, 8th ed.
- Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine
(AccessMedicine, Wolff et al.)
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
(Gale Virtual Reference Library)
- Goldman: Goldman's Cecil Medicine, 24th ed.
- Harrison's Online
(AccessMedicine, Kasper et al.)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. It includes daily updates and more.
- Johns Hopkins ABX Guide (uCentral)
- Johns Hopkins ABX Guide is being made available by the MUHA Drug Information Center.
- Johns Hopkins Antibiotic Guide (ABX Guide)
(Johns Hopkins Point of Care Information Technology (POC-IT))
- This site provides a "decision support tool" providing information about the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Selected materials are free, others require a subscription.
- Management of Public Health Emergencies: A Resource Guide for Physicians and Other Community Responders
(American Medical Association)
- Medical Aspects of Chemical and Biological Warfare
- MedicalStudent.com's Medical Textbooks
- Medical textbooks and other e-texts on subjects from Anatomy to Wilderness Medicine. Some are collections of articles written specifically as an e-text; others are older editions of standard texts such as the 1917 ed. of Gray's Anatomy.
- Covers clinical medicine. Full text.
- Merck Manuals Online Medical Library
(Merck Research Laboratories)
- Osler Medical Handbook
(MDConsult, Piccini & Nilsson)
- Pathophysiology of Disease: an Introduction to Clinical Medicine.
(AccessMedicine, McPhee, Lingappa & Ganong)
- Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests
(AccessMedicine, Nicoll et al.)
- Choose the blue Dx Tests button, from the top of the screen to access this resource
- Poisoning & Drug Overdose
(AccessMedicine, Olson, KR)
- Seventh Report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure