- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
- Information from the NIH on research grants, ongoing studies. Information also available for patients.
- CDC Diabetes Home Page
(Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention)
- "The division is responsible for translating scientific research findings into health promotion, disease prevention, and treatment strategies." The practitioners' guide The Prevention and Treatment of Complications of Diabetes Mellitus: A Guide for Primary Care Practitioners is of particular interest.
- National Diabetes Education Initiative
- This site for the health professional includes continuing education, treatment guidelines, a slide library and literature alerts. Access is free but registration is required
- Diabetes in America, 2nd Edition Table of Contents
(National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse)
- Genetic Landscape of Diabetes