Endocrine/Metabolic Disorders (Endocrinology)
- Endotext Clinical Endocrinology
- Endotext.org is the web-based source of information on endocrine disease written by physicians and directed to physicians caring for patients with these problems, and is supported by the University of Rhode Island. It is comprehensive, authoritative, continually up-dated, un-biased, and available without cost to physicians and trainees. All material may be freely downloaded for personal use. This site covers the broad area of Clinical Endocrinology, emphasizing clinical endocrine practice, including the most current information on the manifestations of endocrine disease, diagnosis and treatment. Includes Guidelines.
- Merck Manual: Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Registration required, access is free.
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
- Information from the NIH on research grants, ongoing studies. Information also available for patients.
- Case studies in pulmonary, renal, and acid-base disorders
- This educational site includes a clinical presentation with diagnostic studies. There a questions along the way to test yourself.
- SIMPLE Internal Medicine Cases
- SIMPLE (Simulated Internal Medicine Patient Learning Experience) is iInTIME''s virtual patient program for the Internal Medicine clerkship. If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. SIMPLE is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.