Diet, Nutrition, and Nutrition Disorders
- Fast Food Facts
(Consumer division of the Minnesota Attorney General's Office)
- Search popular fast food restaurants nutritional information. Search by restaurant, or by nutritional criteria.
- Merck Manual: Nutritional Disorders
- Free, registration is required.
- Nutrition Source, Healthy Eating Pyramid
- from the Harvard School of Public Health
- Practical Guide: Identification, Evaluatiion, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults.
- This site provides recommendations for evaluating and treating overweight & obese patients. Developed by the North American Association for Obesity and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.
- The link above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to view or download this article, get Acrobat Reader here.
- Search the USDA Nutrient Database
- Search for food items and retrieve complete nutritional information.
- Surgeon General's Call to Action to Prevent and Decrease Overweight and Obesity
- USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
(USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion)
- Nutrition information from the Department of Agriculture. Includes information on their Food Pyramid and on Dietary Guidelines.
- USP-Verified Dietary Supplements
- The USP DSV Program is a voluntary testing and auditing program that helps dietary supplement manufacturers ensure the production of quality products for consumers. Available worldwide, the program verifies the quality, purity, and potency of dietary supplement finished products through the following processes:
a. comprehensive laboratory testing of dietary supplement products and their ingredients against dietary supplement standards found in The United States Pharmacopeia and The National Formulary (USP–NF)
b. a thorough manufacturing and quality control document review
c. an on-site manufacturing facility audit for compliance with USP standards and FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices
d. random off-the-shelf testing to confirm that USP Verified products continue to meet USP\'s strict standards