- CDC National Prevention Information Network
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- This site provides a variety of resources relating to the prevention of HIV/AIDS, STDs and TB.
- HealthWorld Online
- Medwatch the FDA Safety Information and Adverse Event Reporting Program
(U. S. Food and Drug Aministration)
- This site provides safety information on drugs and other medical products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. It includes online reporting forms for professionals and the general public. Links are provided to the regulations concerning mandatory reporting of problems by health professionals.
- Seek Wellness Today
- The National Health Information Center
- A health information referral service for health professionals and the general public
- USP-Verified Dietary Supplements
- The USP DSV Program is a voluntary testing and auditing program that helps dietary supplement manufacturers ensure the production of quality products for consumers. Available worldwide, the program verifies the quality, purity, and potency of dietary supplement finished products through the following processes:
a. comprehensive laboratory testing of dietary supplement products and their ingredients against dietary supplement standards found in The United States Pharmacopeia and The National Formulary (USP–NF)
b. a thorough manufacturing and quality control document review
c. an on-site manufacturing facility audit for compliance with USP standards and FDA current Good Manufacturing Practices
d. random off-the-shelf testing to confirm that USP Verified products continue to meet USP\'s strict standards