- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
- AHRQ, a part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the lead agency charged with supporting research designed to improve the quality of health care, reduce its cost, and broaden access to essential services. AHRQ's broad programs of research bring practical, science-based information to medical practitioners and to consumers and other health care purchasers.
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention)
- CDC WONDER
- Covers public health data including national health statistics. Mostly full text. Provided by the the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
(Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS))
- DHHS: Directory of Health and Human Services Data Resources
- "a compilation of information about most major data collection systems sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). It was developed under the auspices of the HHS Data Council and it updates and expands upon the 1995 HHS Directory of Minority Health and Human Services Data. Additional data systems are included in this update, and more extensive information about each data system is provided."
- DHHS: Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation
- links relevant for policy analysis, policy development and strategic planning, including issues of health, income, poverty, bioethics, and more
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Food (FDA)
(Food and Drug Administration)
- Food and Drug Administration
- Provides access to the FDA's information on human and animal drugs, vitamins, medical devices, radiologic health, biologics, and cosmetics.
- Food and Nutrition Information Center
- A database of funding opportunities in biomedical research and science education compiled by AAAS and HHMI.
- National Cancer Institute
- National Center for Health Statistics
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- National Center for Research Resources
- National Eye Institute
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute
- National Human Genome Research Institute
- National Insitute on Aging
(National Insitute on Aging)
- Provides information on NIA research, training support, and health information.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- News, information, research and opportunities in microbiology, infectious diseases, immunology and vaccines.
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- National Institute of Dental Research
- Information on funding opportunities and current research initiatives. Features an impressive list of Internet resources for further exploration.
- National Institute of Diabetes & Digestive & Kidney Diseases
- Information from the NIH on research grants, ongoing studies. Information also available for patients.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- National Institute of General Medical Sciences
- This agency supports basic biomedical research and training nationwide.
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
(National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke)
- A division of the National Institutes of Health.
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
(National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism)
- An arm of the National Institutes of Health
- National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders--NIDCD
(National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders--NIDCD)
- Includes descriptions of various disorders. Describes research sponsored by the the organization and available research opportunities.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
(National Institute on Drug Abuse)
- National Institutes of Health
- National Library of Medicine
- National Toxicology Program (at NIEHS)
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration, OSHA
(U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Safety & Health Administration)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration Home Page
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
(US Department of Health and Human Services)
- This web site from an office of the US Department of Health and Human Services provides a variety of resources, many of them full text, related to keeping United States citizens healthy.
- Covers science information found in U.S. government databases and websites. Provided by the MUSC Library and the United States Government.
- The National Health Information Center
- A health information referral service for health professionals and the general public
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services