Other Useful Resources
- Science Apps for your iPhone, iPad
- Lab Safety Guide
(New Mexico State University)
- Use of this guide in the laboratory will increase safety awareness and promote prudent laboratory practice and adherence to established safety guidelines.
- Electronic Lab Notebooks
(University of Utah)
- ELNs are virtual lab notebooks, tools and collaborations that can connect lab data, analytical protocols, other investigators, repositories. Here is a list of the available ones with links to the suppliers.
- Properties Data for Chemicals and Materials including Spectral Data Resources
(University of Buffalo)
- A guide to resources in chemical and materials property data and resources for spectral data. Many are public domain databases, some only for University of Buffalo employees.
- Patents: Lens: international patent searching
- This open resource searches “nearly all of the patent documents in the world as open, annotatable digital public goods that are integrated with scholarly and technical literature along with regulatory and business data” The site also has a Patent Sequence Database, called PatSeq, that can search DNA or protein sequences that have been used in patents or patent applications.
- PubChem: Compound, Substance, Structure and Bio-Assay Databases
- PubChem provides information on the biological activities of small molecules.
- Teaching Statistics
- Great tutorials on the basics to the complex use of statistics.
- Acronyms and Initialisms for the Sciences
(Marie-Lise Antoun Shams)
- Acronyms and initialisms for global information and data resources in health, medical, and veterinary sciences. The linked acronyms point to selected related Web sites.