- Instructions to Authors in the Health Sciences
- From the Medical College of Ohio. Includes the Vancouver Uniform Requirements.
- SCImago Journal Ranking
- Based on ScopusŪ, SCImago allows for journal ranking, country ranking in terms of publication history. The results can be ranked by journal citations, Cites per document (2 years), H index, Journal Title, Total Documents, Citable Documents (3 years) and Total Cites (3 years)
- Sherpa/RoMEO: Publisher copyright policies & self archiving
(SHERPA. Securing a Hybrid Environment for Research Preservation and Access)
- This site, based in the UK, is designed to assist authors in managing their rights by categorizing rights in a standard format. Authors can view summaries of publishers' copyright policies in relation to self-archiving, check to see if publisher policies comply with funding regulations, and search journal and publisher information by Journal Title, Publisher Name and ISSN. Not all publishers are represented and not all records are up-to-date, but this is a good place to find out which publishers follow "open access" policies more closely.
- Retractions of articles/research
Tracking retractions as a window into the scientific process. Who, what and why retractions are published.
- Journal Abbreviation Resources
- From Purdue University
- All that JAS (Journal Abbreviation Sources)
(Iowa State University Library)
- All That JAS: Journal Abbreviation Sources is a categorized registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations or other types of abbreviated publication titles (e.g., conference proceedings titles). In addition, All That JAS includes select lists and directories that provide access to the unabbreviated titles of serial publications.
- Digital Image Editing: Ethics
- Publishing images in a journal article? Here's the ethical guidelines for manipulating those images in Photoshop.
- JANE: Journal/Author Name Estimator
(The Biosemantics Group (Leiden, Rotterdam))
- Have you recently written a paper, but you\'re not sure to which journal you should submit it? Or are you an editor, and do you need to find reviewers for a particular paper? JANE can help!
- Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical journals: writing and editing for biomedical publication