Databases & eJournals
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- Ovid MEDLINE MEDLINE is the
world’s premier biomedical database, covering the fields of medicine, nursing,
dentistry, veterinary medicine and basic sciences. It indexes more than 4000
journals. Ovid provides a unique search engine that allows you to take
advantage of the structure of the database.
- The PubMed service provides access to over 17 million MEDLINE citations and additional life sciences journals. The topic areas include medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. To help with search strategies see this PDF document.
- eJournals @ MUSC Library
- A searchable list of all online journals made available from the MUSC Library. Searchable by title or subject and browsable from an alphabetical list.
- Citation data, journal impact metrics, and journal indexing; Scopus is a database containing abstracts and citations for academic journal articles. It covers nearly 20,500 journals from over 5,000 international publishers, of which 19,500 are peer-reviewed journals in the scientific, technical, medical, and social sciences (including arts and humanities).
- International Association for Dental Research conference abstracts
- A searchable database of abstracts presented at Dental Research meetings. Search by keyword or author for meeting abstracts covering 2001 to the present.
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text (PASCAL)
- Covers nursing and allied health in with full text for more than 620 journals and 218 books/monographs. Also covers Pre-CINAHL. Provided by the MUSC Library in partnership with PASCAL, via EBSCO.