The materials found on these sites are subject to the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. In general these materials can be used for educational, not-for-profit purposes in compliance with the doctrine of "fair use." Users are responsible for ensuring that their use of an image from any of these sites is legal. For more information about copyright information, check the MUSC Copyright Toolkit.
- Lieberman's Primary Care Radiology
- Covers clinical medicine and basic medical sciences with a collection of books,a self-assesment tool, differential diagnosis (Diagnosaurus), updates, drug information and practice guidelines. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- Alan E. Lindsay ECG Learning Center
- Anatomia, 1522-1867: Anatomical Plates from the Thomas Fisher Rare Book Library
- Historical images
- Anatomy Atlases
(Michael P. D'Alessandro,M.D. University of Iowa)
- ASH Image Bank
(American Society of Hematology)
- Atlas of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Contains over 709 endoscopic images
- Atlas of Histology, COM-UIUC
(College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Histology slides
- Big Picture Book of Viruses
(Sander, D; Garry Lab, Tulane University)
- This site provides a catalog of virus pictures on the Internet and an educational resource about viruses.
- BloodLine Image Atlas
(Jean Shafer, Carden Jennings Publishing Co.)
- Cardiothoracic imaging, Yale University School of Medicine
- Catalog of Clinical Images
(Charlie Goldberg, M.D.; University of California, San Diego)
- Cells Alive!
- Nice Collection of Microorganism Graphics
- Chest X-Ray
- CHORUS (Collaborative Hypertext of Radiology) is a quick reference hypertext for physicians and medical students containing more than 1,100 documents.
- Color Atlas of Medical Diseases
- Aimed at consumer, images at that level
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons Image Database
(Congress of Neurological Surgeons)
- Correlapaedia-a Correlative Encyclopedia of Pediatric Imaging, Surgery, and Pathology
- From the University of Iowa's Virtual Hospital. This site provides a collection of cases with which a student can practice diagnosing and managing surgical problems in children.
- Department of Radiology, University Hospitals of Cleveland
- Contains several teaching files in radiology
- This site includes over 2000 images searchable by category, diagnosis, and body site.
- Dermatology Atlas
(Dept. of Clinical Social Medicine at the University of Heidleberg.)
- This is the dermatology information service of the Dept. of Clinical Social Medicine at the University of Heidleberg. It includes a large collection of images as well as other resources. Image captions are in English; other elements are in German.
- Dermnet, the Dermatologists’ Image Resource
- Over 9000 images of skin diseases. An educational resource for medical professionals. These images may be downloaded and used by dermatologists and residents for teaching purposes without charge. Publishing or posting the pictures on a website requires written permission. To request approval to re-publish any materials or photos for use outside of speaking make a request by email to email@example.com
(University of Iowa)
- Digital Anatomist Interactive Atlases
- Ear Nose & Throat - U.S.A.
(Dr. Kevin Kavanagh)
- ECG Library
- Embryo Images
- This site employs scanning electron micrographs to illustrate mammalian embyology. The micrographs are accompanied by text and line drawings.
- Endodontic Microsope Pictures
(Dr Scott Bentkover)
- Epact: Scientific Instruments of Medieval and Renaissance Europe
(Museum of the History of Science, Oxford; British Museum, London; Museum of the History of Science, Florence; Museum Boerhaave, Leiden)
- GASTROLAB: the Gastrointestinal Site
(GastroLab, Vasa, Finland; Hans Bjorknas)
- Graphics Gallery
(National Health Museum)
(David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, the University of Utah Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library, and the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center.)
- Each of the health sciences teaching resources in the HEAL repository/referatory is licensed for free use, reproduction, and modification by registered users of HEAL according to the terms of the Creative Commons license associated with that resource.
(University of Delaware)
- a collection of images to accompany course: Mammalian Histology.
Image files produced by Dr. Roger C. Wagner & Dr. Fred Hossler
- Historical Images In Medicine
(Duke University Medical Center Library)
- This site is a histology atlas for the Cell & Tissue Biology course for the School of Medicine of the University of Kansas.
- IHM - Images from the History of Medicine
(National Library of Medicine)
- The Images from the History of Medicine database provides access to the prints and photograph collection of the History of Medicine Division of the National Library of Medicine. The collection includes portraits, pictures of institutions, caricatures, genre scenes, posters and graphic art in a variety of media, illustrating the social and historical aspects of medicine
- Images from the John Martin Rare Book Room
(University of Iowa)
- LONI: Laboratory of Neuro Imaging, UCLA
(University of California at Los Angeles)
- Medical Gross Anatomy Atlas Images
(University of Michigan, Medical School)
- MedPix™ Medical Image Database
(Departments of Radiology and Biomedical Informatics, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD)
- Peer Reviewed Teaching Files, Imaging Atlas, and Decision Support Tools for radiology. Classified arrangement and search engine. Some materials are copyrighted and may only be used with permission.
- Multi-Dimensional Human Embryo
(National Institute of Child Health and Human Development)
- NeuroLogic Exam
(University of Utah)
- Online Neuropathology Atlas
(Department of Neurology, University of Debrecen, Hungary)
- Oral Pathology Image Database
- Oral Pathology Review Images
(VCU School of Dentistry, Department of Oral Pathology)
- Paediapaedia: an Imaging Encyclopedia of Pediatric Disease
- PEIR Digital Library- Pathology Education Instructional Resource
(University of Alabama)
- Photoshare Info
(Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health)
- Public Health Image Library (PHIL)
(Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- Most of the images in the collection are in the public domain and are thus free of any copyright restrictions. If you look directly beneath the image you will see a fair use statement that tells you if the image is public domain or copyright protected.
- Radiology Database
(Royal College of Radiologists, London, England, Ian Maddison)
- Robert Bendheim Digital Atlas of Ophthalmology
(New York Eye and Ear Infirmary)
- Thoracopaedia: an Imaging Encyclopedia of Pediatric Thoracic Disease
- Unbounded Medicine: Archive for the “Medical Images” Category
(Jon Mikel Iñarritu-Castro)
- Image archive from a blog.
- UNSW Embryology
(Dr. Mark Hill, University of New South Wales)
- Urbana Atlas of Pathology
(University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign)
- Virtual Autopsy
- Virtual Body
- Virtual Pediatric Patients: a Digital Storytelling System for Teaching Common Pediatric Problems
- Wellcome images
- Whole Brain Atlas
(Keith A. Johnson, J. Alex Becker)
- An information resource of imaging of the the central nervous system, including magnetic resonance, x-ray computed tomography and nuclear medicine images.
- YSM Medical Images
(YSM MedMedia Group, Yale University School of Medicine)
- ZNA Postcard Gallery