Medical University of South Carolina
- Copyright Law & Graduate Research: New Media, New Rights and Your New Dissertation
(Kenneth D. Crews. ProQuest Information and Learning)
- "This manual is intended to help graduate students and advisors understand legal rights and duties at an early stage, before the legal issues can become serious and frustrating. This manual should help researchers identify when they need copyright clearances and show how to obtain them. It should also help graduate students protect their own copyrights." --Preface
- Copyright Registration. Electronic Copyright Office
(U.S. Copyright Office)
- Instructions for registering copyright either online using the eCO online system or using paper forms. "In general, copyright registration is a legal formality intended to make a public record of the basic facts of a particular copyright. However, registration is not a condition of copyright protection. Even though registration is not a requirement for protection, the copyright law provides several inducements or advantages to encourage copyright owners to make registration. "
- Copyright Office free phone service
- Have a copyright/fair use question? You can call the US Copyright Office 800 number, push 3 and get a human being copyright expert!
- MUSC Foundation for Research Development
(Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC))
- "...the Foundation develops, administers, and otherwise facilitates selected industry sponsored education and research projects and manages the intellectual property, technology transfer, and other economic development-related activities of MUSC." Find links to a downloadable Copyright Disclosure Form and the MUSC Intellectual Property Policy by selecting For Faculty.