Medical University of South Carolina
- Avoiding Plagiarism
(Duke University Libraries)
- Defines plagiarism and discusses it in the university context for both faculty and students. Includes a short video.
- How to Recognize Plagiarism
(School of Education. Indiana University Bloomington)
- A tutorial to promote the understanding and recognition of plagiarism. This tutorial is required for all students at the IU School of Education.
- Sources and Citation at Dartmouth College
- "This Web site, prepared for the instruction and use of Dartmouth undergraduate students, has two purposes. First, it provides a rationale for why, and offers principles for determining when and how, you should cite sources. As such, Sources can be a convenient handbook for you to consult while preparing scholarly work for your classes. Second, it presents a code of scholarly ethics, derived from Dartmouth's Academic Honor Principle, concerning plagiarism. " Includes examples of citations for many different kinds of resources from printed books & journals to CD-Roms and the Internet.
- What is Plagiarism?
(Honor Council. Georgetown University)
- This site from Georgetown University defines plagiarism with suggestions on how to avoid it.