Medical University of South Carolina
- Academic Coursepacks
(Stanford University Libraries)
- A detailed discussion of the use and creation of coursepacks from Stanford University. Includes information about copyright, using a clearance service to assemble and get permissions, as well as guides to assembling your own coursepack. Also includes examples of useful forms.
- Articles for Your Courses: Building stable links to online articles
(Laura Cousineau, MLS. MUSC Library)
- Instructions for building links to place in reading lists, course syllabi, etc. to access articles in online journals. This method works with any journal for which the MUSC Library has a current subscription. This is a Word document that will be downloaded to your computer.
- How to Legally Link Articles to your Courses
(Laura Cousineau, MLS, MUSC Library)
- Linking to an electronic journal article, rather than making the full text available in a course pack or course management system like WebCT, avoids copyright issues like fair use and the need for permission to use. This presentation describes how to create links to full text electronic journal articles indexed in PubMed.
- The link above requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you are unable to view or download this article, get Acrobat Reader here.
- Campus Guide to Copyright Compliance
(Copyright Clearance Center)
- "Designed for academic institutions, this guide helps answer questions ranging from basic copyright law to the more complex topics of ILL and e-reserves." Includes a discussion of the law, "what you need to know" summaries, and quizzes for each section. Includes information about the TEACH Act. Includes information about using content in coursepacks, course management systems, for ILL or course reserves. Includes digital content and photocopied content information.
- Coursepack Copyright Compliance Guidance
(University Education Infrastructure Committee. Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC))
- This document and accompanying decision flow diagram helps you think through copyright compliance for coursepack materials.