- Covers clinical medicine and basic medical sciences with a collection of books,a self-assesment tool, differential diagnosis (Diagnosaurus), updates, drug information and practice guidelines. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- MD Consult is a Web-based resource that includes 50 medical books, over 100 journals and clinic review journals, practice guidelines, drug information from Gold Standard, patient education handouts, continuing medical education modules, and daily medical updates.
- DynaMed is a clinical information resource, created for use at point of care. The articles cover information about the diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis for conditions and diseases, and are evidence based, with references to the evidence sited.
- UpToDate is a comprehensive clinical information resource now available for MUSC physicians through the MUSC Library. The topic reviews are written exclusively for UpToDate by physicians for physicians - nearly 3,000 physicians serve as authors. The content is comprehensive yet concise and fully referenced.
- eMedicine - Medscape
- Emedicine provides access to 6,500 Board-Certified authored overviews of clinical conditions. In addition to these overviews, it provides differential daignosis,PharmD-authored drug treatment information and follow-up as appropriate. This free version of eMedicine may require you to register. The fee-based resource which the MUSC libray no longer subscribes to, provides more information.
- MUSC eBooks
- MedicalStudent.com's Medical Textbooks
- Medical textbooks and other e-texts on subjects from Anatomy to Wilderness Medicine. Some are collections of articles written specifically as an e-text; others are older editions of standard texts such as the 1917 ed. of Gray's Anatomy.