- "Virtual" Nursing Center - Martindale's Health Science Guide
- A Reviewed Web Site Created by University of California, Irvine.
- AAFP Conditions A to Z
- AAFP Conditions A to Z is patient education tool written by physicians and patient education professionals at the American Academy of Family Physicians.
- ACE Star Model for Evidence-Based Practice
(Academic Center for Evidence-Based Practice, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio)
- ANA Research Toolkit: resources for evidence-based practice
(American Nurses Association)
- APA Style Guide
(Purdue University Library)
- The Online Writing Lab (OWL) at Purdue University houses writing resources and instructional material for students and faculty worldwide. They give examples of the APA citation style here.
- APA Style.org
(American Psychological Association)
- This site includes selcted tips about APA style and several examples of citing electronic materials. It does not include the entire APA Publication Manual online.
- APA, MLA, Chicago and Other Manuscript Styles
- Examples of the APA, Chicago, MLA, ACS, etc. manuscript styles. From the booklet: Research and Documentation in the Electronic Age, Fourth Edition, by Diana Hacker.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements
(Buros Center for Testing)
- Assists in locating psychological tests and links to test reviews. Provides an online index to Buros Mental Measurements Yearbooks
- Emergency Nursing World
- This site provides brief articles on various aspects of emergency care from the nursing and allied health perspectives. It also includes extensive links to other useful sites.
- FindLaw provides access to a comprehensive online library of legal resources for use by legal professionals, consumers and small businesses. Visitors to the FindLaw site will find a broad array of features that include Web search utilities, cases and codes, supreme court decisions, and legal news.
- Hands on Health - South Carolina
- Covers consumer health issues of interest to South Carolinians. Mostly full text. Provided by the MUSC Library in partnership with the Duke Endowment.
- Joanna Briggs Institute
- Developed by the Royal Adelaide Hospital and the University of Adelaide, this site is international in scope. It includes information for nursing, speech pathology, clinical pharmacy and other areas. It includes databases of best practices, systematic reviews and reviews protocols developed by the institute members.
- Lippincott's Nursing Center
- The Lippincott Nursing Center lists Continuing Education Courses, employment opportunities, current news in nursing, minutes of nursing organization meetings, conference presentations and excerpts, current issues of some nursing journals, links to other web resources and fulltext articles (for a fee.)
- MUSC College of Nursing
- Nursing and Allied Health Resources Section
- A collaborative project by members of the Nursing and Allied Health Resource Section of the Medical Library Association. The content includes resources for nurses and other health professionals including databases, electronic books, electronic journals, and Web sites related to nursing and allied health disciplines. Those not marked with $$ are free. Others may be free to you via the MUSC Library.
- Nursing Schools and Education Page
- Patient-Reported Outcome and Quality of Life Instruments Database
(Mapi Research Institute and National Cancer Institute, Milan)
- A database of Quality of Life and Patient Reported Outcomes measures and instruments.
- Teaching Statistics
- Great tutorials on the basics to the complex use of statistics.
- The Nursing Theory Page
(Hahn School of Nursing - San Diego)
- A collection of web resources on nursing theory and theorists.
- Toolkit for Making Written Material Clear and Effective
- The Toolkit for Making Written Material Clear and Effective is a health literacy resource from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This 11-part Toolkit provides a detailed and comprehensive set of tools to help you make written material in printed formats easier for people to read, understand, and use.