- EcoCyc: Encyclopedia of E. coli K-12 Genes and Metabolism
- Stains File
- A Resource for Histotechnologists.
The Science of Staining: methods, preparation, safety.
- Centers for Disease Control: Infectious Diseases Information
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- News, information, research and opportunities in microbiology, infectious diseases, immunology and vaccines.
- Cells Alive!
- Nice Collection of Microorganism Graphics
- Microbiology information portal
- Microbes.info is an internet web site designed to bring useful and interesting microbiology informational resources to you.
- WWW Virtual Library: Microbiology & Virology
- The Virtual Library is Created by CERN, the Large Scientific Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland (Birthplace of the WWW!)
- Bad Bug Book
(Food & Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service, and the National Institutes of Health)
- Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook from the US FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition.
a Handbook about bacteria, viruses, protozoa produced by the FDA.
- All the Virology on the WWW
- A Reviewed Site Created by the Garry Lab at Tulane University Department of Microbiology & Immunology.
- WFCC World Data Centre for Microorganisms
- World Federation for Culture Collections.
- Infection Control
- A demonstration of easy infection control in the hospital setting by Dr. B. Othersen, MUSC
- MedicalStudent.com's Medical Textbooks
- Medical textbooks and other e-texts on subjects from Anatomy to Wilderness Medicine. Some are collections of articles written specifically as an e-text; others are older editions of standard texts such as the 1917 ed. of Gray's Anatomy.
- BIOFILMS: The Hypertextbook
- Springer Protocols (Index/Table of Contents only)
- A database of reproducible protocols in cell biology, genetics, immunology, microbiology, molecular medicine, neuroscience, protein science, pharmacology, cancer research, infectious diseases, biochemistry, imaging and biotechnology. This is an index to the protocols, with links to the free ones. Others can be requested via