- Zika Virus Information
(US Department of Health & Human Services/NIH)
- Resources on the emerging health issues arising from the Zika Virus.
- EcoCyc: Encyclopedia of E. coli K-12 Genes and Metabolism
- Stains File
- A Resource for Histotechnologists.
The Science of Staining: methods, preparation, safety.
- Centers for Disease Control: Infectious Diseases Information
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
- News, information, research and opportunities in microbiology, infectious diseases, immunology and vaccines.
- Cells Alive!
- Nice Collection of Microorganism Graphics
- Microbiology information portal
- Microbes.info is an internet web site designed to bring useful and interesting microbiology informational resources to you.
- WWW Virtual Library: Microbiology & Virology
- The Virtual Library is Created by CERN, the Large Scientific Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland (Birthplace of the WWW!)
- Bad Bug Book
(Food & Drug Administration, the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, the USDA Food Safety Inspection Service, and the National Institutes of Health)
- Foodborne Pathogenic Microorganisms and Natural Toxins Handbook from the US FDA Center for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition.
a Handbook about bacteria, viruses, protozoa produced by the FDA.
- All the Virology on the WWW
- A Reviewed Site Created by the Garry Lab at Tulane University Department of Microbiology & Immunology.
- WFCC World Data Centre for Microorganisms
- World Federation for Culture Collections.
- Infection Control
- A demonstration of easy infection control in the hospital setting by Dr. B. Othersen, MUSC
- MedicalStudent.com's Medical Textbooks
- Medical textbooks and other e-texts on subjects from Anatomy to Wilderness Medicine. Some are collections of articles written specifically as an e-text; others are older editions of standard texts such as the 1917 ed. of Gray's Anatomy.
- BIOFILMS: The Hypertextbook