Edweb is the Library's central point of access, or "portal," for Web-based educational resources used at the Medical University of South Carolina. This includes Web sites created for use in their courses by MUSC faculty , as well as commercially available Web-based educational resources that are purchased for use in the curriculum. Edweb may also include useful resources available free on the Internet.
- Copyright toolkit
(Medical University of South Carolina Library (MUSC))
- Moodle Rooms
- Moodle Rooms is the course management system used at MUSC. MUSC Net ID username and password required for log on.
- Blackboard@South Carolina College of Pharmacy
- A portal for student and faculty access to Blackboard-based course materials at the South Carolina College of Pharmacy.
- Exam Master Online
- EXAM MASTER is a board preparation and review tool for medical students, residents, practicing physicians, dental students, nursing students, pharmacy students and physician assistants students. Available from the MUSC Library.
- Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination
- Provides more than 8 hours of head-to-toe and system based physical examination techniques. Also contains 10 OSCE clinical skills videos.
- USMLE Orientation & Practice Materials
(The United States Medical Licensing ExaminationTM (USMLE) is a joint program of the FSMB and the NBME.)
- USMLE Orientation & Practice Materials is a board preparation and review tool for medical students and residents taking Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3.
- NetAnatomy is an online anatomy resource provided by the MUSC Library for students and faculty of every college. It contains images and information in three areas: Radiographic Anatomy, Cross Sectional Anatomy, and Gross Anatomy. Faculty, students and staff of MUSC are authorized users of this resource, and as such may use its images, properly cited, for noncommercial, instituion-sanctioned purposes.
- Human Anatomy Online
- Legally purchased under license from Gold Standard Multimedia by the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences (College of Health Professions), this interactive tutorial and reference on human anatomy has been posted on Edweb through a collaboration between Dr. Thierry Bacro, now in the Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy (College of Medicine) and the MUSC Library. This site works best if your screen resolution is 800 x 600 pixels (superVGA) or higher.
- 3D Human Anatomy & Physiology (Anatomy.TV)
- Anatomy & Physiology Online includes 19 comprehensive modules on the human body encompassing 3D anatomy and new integrated physiology content. Interactive 3D anatomy views allow you to engage with the 3D model using intuitive functions to rotate, add or remove anatomy and identify and learn more about any visible structure. Each module has case studies, giving real medical context and relevance, as well as a dedicated section on aging. One can test their knowledge with the interactive quizzes at the end of each section.
- VisualDx is a visual clinical decision support software program. It provides access to 24,000 images to 1,200 visually identifiable diseases,drug reactions and infections. This point-of-care product allows one to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis through thousands of searchable clinical terms and diagnostic relationships.
- Procedures Consult
(MUSC Library subscription; ClinicalKey, Elsevier)
- Procedures Consult gives information to help prepare for, perform and follow up on common clinical procedures. It contains text instructions, illustrations, and videos for these procedures.
- WebMic is a virtual microscope that manages for the user a large collection of photomicrographs in such a way that the student of histology learns as if using a microscope. The program is interactively designed to present the microscopic architecture of the human body (histology) with labeled structures and two forms of quizzing for self-assessment.
- iInTIME (Institute for Innovative Technology in Medical Education)
- The Institute for Innovative Technology in Medical Education's mission is to advance medical education through collaborative development, maintenance and research of innovative and comprehensive computer-assisted instruction programs. iIn Time provides virtual patient cases in family medicine (fmCASES), internal medicine (SIMPLE), pediatrics (CLIPP and eCLIPPs) and radiology (CORE). Register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. iIn TIME is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- CLIPP (Computer-assisted Learning in Pediatrics Program) is iInTIME's virtual patient program for the Pediatrics clerkship. If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. CLIPP is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- CORE (Case-based Online Radiology Education) is iInTIME's virtual patient program for medical students studying radiology. If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. CORE is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- eCLIPPs (Extended CLIPP Scenarios) is an extension of CLIPP (Computer-assisted Learning in Pediatrics Program). If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. eCLIPPs is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- fmCASES (Family Medicine Computer-Assisted Simulations for Educating Students) is iInTIME's virtual patient program for the Family Medicine clerkship. If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. fmCASES is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- SIMPLE Internal Medicine Cases
- SIMPLE (Simulated Internal Medicine Patient Learning Experience) is iInTIME''s virtual patient program for the Internal Medicine clerkship. If you are not registered through iIn Time, register as an institutional subscriber. You must use your MUSC email address to register. SIMPLE is made available through the MUSC College of Medicine.
- New England Journal of Medicine Videos in Clinical Medicine
- This resource links to videos intended to help students, trainees, and younger physicians to learn procedural techniques from experienced colleagues. Videos are part of the New England Journal of Medicine and are indexed in MEDLINE/PubMed.
- Mobile Device Apps and Websites
- A guide to mobile device apps and websites for healthcare students and clinicians. Includes mobile device reviews, as well as mobile apps and mobile-friendly websites for clinical info, drug info, consumer health, calculators, emergency/disaster/hazardous, productivity, study aids, and journal articles.
- Simbryo is a unique, comprehensive web-based center of animated embryological processes. It offers high quality, original vector art animations depicting some of the most difficult embryological developments.
- MUSC Radiation Safety Office Educational Materials
- This Web site includes on-line training, RSO Manual - Policy & Procedures, Radioactive Materials Licensing, Radiation Monitoring service, RSO forms, and more.
- MUSC OSHA Online Training
- Entry to this online OSHA training site requires that you use your MUSC Net ID and password. It also requires the use of a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat or Mac OS X Preview (see the OSHA page for further details). Modules available are Bloodbourne Pathogens, Fire and Life Safety Training, Hazard Communication, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- MUSC HIPAA Online Training
- Anyone at MUSC who works with protected health information must complete this training. This includes all Medical University Hospital Authority (MUHA) and University Medical Associates (UMA) employees. This training module consists of approximately 60 slides and a short registration form.
- HIPAA at MUSC
- This Web site includes draft policies, updates from the HIPAA Steering Committee, and training information. You can find training schedules for live classes and a link to Web-based training.
- Selected Fundamentals of Patient Care Resources by Category
- Note Taking Help
- Helping you take the notes you need. Note taking is an extremely important part of the learning process. It doesn’t matter whether you’re trying to find a way to study the material later or you’re just trying to learn the material. You simply have to take good notes to learn some of the more complex concepts that people are supposed to learn in high school and/or college.