Alphabetical List of Selected Fundamentals of Patient Care Resource Descriptions
A List of theses resources classified by resource type can be found on this page; Selected Fundamentals of Patient Care Resources by Category.
- AccessMedicine provides access to over 55 medical textbooks. The books cover the basic sciences and clinical medicine. Books include some of the "standard" textbooks. These include: Hurst’s The Heart, the premier general medical textbook Harrison’s Online, Goodman and Gilman's Pharmacology, Schwartz Surgery and the Current Medical Diagnosis and Surgery series of books. Additional features include access to drug information, a differential diagnosis tool, diagnostic tests – common laboratory tests, practice guidelines, patient education information, overviews of over 800 diseases and current developments in health that appear in the media.
- Drug Identifier from MUSCHealth
(MUSC Drug Information)
- Allows one to search for drugs by a specific color, shape, and/or marking. A picture of drugs meeting the criteria are displayed.
- eJournals @ MUSC Library
- Links to the list of over 15,000 full text journals available through the MUSC Library
- eMedicine - Medscape
- Emedicine provides access to 6,500 Board-Certified authored overviews of clinical conditions. In addition to these overviews, it provides differential daignosis,PharmD-authored drug treatment information and follow-up as appropriate. This free version of eMedicine may require you to register. The fee-based resource which the MUSC libray no longer subscribes to, provides more information.
- Exam Master Online
- EXAM MASTER is a board preparation and review tool for medical students, residents, practicing physicians, dental students, nursing students, pharmacy students and physician assistants students. Available from the MUSC Library.
- Lexicomp Online
- Lexi-Comp covers point-of-care drug information, including drug interactions and drug identification. Full text. Provided by the MUSC Library.
- MD Consult is a Web-based resource that includes 50 medical books, over 100 journals and clinic review journals, practice guidelines, drug information from Gold Standard, patient education handouts, continuing medical education modules, and daily medical updates.
- MedicalStudent.com's Medical Textbooks
- A digital collection of free medical textbooks compiled by MedicalStudent.com. Subject areas include physical examination, anatomy, biochemistry, as well as the major clinical and basic sciences.
- MEDLINE (OVID)
- Ovid MEDLINE MEDLINE is the world’s premier biomedical database, covering the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine and basic sciences. It indexes more than 4000 journals. Ovid provides a unique search engine that allows you to take advantage of the structure of the database.
- NCBI Bookshelf
- The NCBI Bookshelf is a growing collection of biomedical books adapted for the web in collaboration with authors and publishers.
- Other Drug Information Resources
- Links to the MUSC Library's Drug Information Resources webpage which contains more links to drug information resources.
- Other Medical Databases
- A list of databases of relevant or possibly relevant to the practice of medicine.
- Other MUSC Databases
- Links to a list of other potentially relevant databases.
- Practice Guidelines & Clinical Trials
- Links to an extensive list of practice guidelines, clinical alerts, and clinical trials.
- PsycINFO covers journal articles, conference proceedings, dissertations, government documents, and selected monographs in the psychology and psychiatry literature.
- The PubMed service provides access to over 12 million MEDLINE citations and additional life sciences journals. The topic areas include medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. Covers 1948-present
- UpToDate is a comprehensive clinical information resource now available for MUSC physicians through the MUSC Library. The topic reviews are written exclusively for UpToDate by physicians for physicians - nearly 3,000 physicians serve as authors. The content is comprehensive yet concise and fully referenced.
- VisualDx is a visual clinical decision support software program. It provides access to 24,000 images to 1,200 visually identifiable diseases,drug reactions and infections. This point-of-care product allows one to build a patient-specific differential diagnosis through thousands of searchable clinical terms and diagnostic relationships.